Can't boot Freerunner without battery - Was: Re: unable to start up freerunner after batterie was full down

Steven ** montgoss+openmokocommunity at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 18:09:21 CEST 2008

I assume this is planned, but I'll go ahead an say it.

I think the Freerunner should have a software feature to detect when
the battery is critically low and shutdown.  Ideally, the boot process
would also check the battery and refuse to boot(or at least require
override) if the battery charge was below the critical mark.  This
would prevent the state where you have a dead battery and no way to
charge it.

Either this feature or the ability to boot from USB is a must for the
end-user software load.

I personally had no plans to buy extra batteries or external chargers.
 I would hate to have to should I lose track of my charge status and
screw myself.

-Steven