Reason for GPS problems found!

Yogiz yogizz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 19:11:47 CEST 2008

> I am not sure what you are talking about -- wouldn't you be able to
> remove SD card in 'closed-source' phone and to see that GPS signal is
> boosted? It just takes ingenuity of Germans to localize the problem
> in a timely manner ;-)
Of course that would be possible, but there really isn't that kind of
bug fixing concerning other mobile devices. I'd still think that even
aknowledging that this kind of peculiar setup causes the problem would
take magnitudes more time if you're basically debugging your device
alone (arguably with the support of the hardware maker but my
impression is they're not quite that helpful once they've already made
a sale on you). Of course you're right too. Kudos to germans!