In the press

Hugo Mills hugo-om at carfax.org.uk
Tue Jul 15 20:17:54 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 05:27:31PM +0000, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> Since Ken really liked OpenWRT's Wiki, I looked at it and see they use
> MoinMoin. So, I am willing to set up MoinMoin on a server to be used as
> an FR community wiki.

   The quality of a wiki has little to do with the Wiki engine on
which it runs. It is far more to do with having a highly proactive
group of wiki editors, who between them read every single change made
to the wiki, and can make suitable cross-references, indexes,
corrections, updates and so forth to ensure that the content is easy
to find, read and use.

   If you don't have such a group of people (and I'm not talking about
OpenMoko employees here), it doesn't matter what wiki engine you use,
or what website you have, your wiki won't go anywhere useful.

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
           --- I must be musical:  I've got *loads* of CDs ---