In the press

Hugo Mills hugo-om at
Tue Jul 15 20:17:54 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 05:27:31PM +0000, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> Since Ken really liked OpenWRT's Wiki, I looked at it and see they use
> MoinMoin. So, I am willing to set up MoinMoin on a server to be used as
> an FR community wiki.

   The quality of a wiki has little to do with the Wiki engine on
which it runs. It is far more to do with having a highly proactive
group of wiki editors, who between them read every single change made
to the wiki, and can make suitable cross-references, indexes,
corrections, updates and so forth to ensure that the content is easy
to find, read and use.

   If you don't have such a group of people (and I'm not talking about
OpenMoko employees here), it doesn't matter what wiki engine you use,
or what website you have, your wiki won't go anywhere useful.

=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... | | ===
  PGP key: 515C238D from or
           --- I must be musical:  I've got *loads* of CDs ---