Reason for GPS problems found!

Kelvie Wong kelvie at
Tue Jul 15 21:43:06 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu)
<tony at> wrote:
> The Glamo is really our pain in the ass, lots GTA02 evil's source and
> delay root cause. Actually, SD card function was verified very lated due
> to lack of original vendor support, and finally got SD card works until
> early this year with Andy's help. Andy/Matt now are doing some software
> side solution see if we could get SD card (clk/pwr) don't annoy GPS's RF
> receiving frequency during idle mode. And hardware side still working on
> possible  fixes to improve current status.
> And I personally really appreciated/amazed you (also many others) are so
> deeply see through this project. And we did have test issues on the
> hardware revision pipeline. We are really care about next revision and
> shipment of GTA02, we are really reading/fixing every mailing list
> issues that potentially cause problem to user.
> Regards,
> Tony Tu

Would there be an option for us to switch our phones for the new
hardware revision if a hardware fix is needed (and it sounds like it

If so, I think I will just return the package to sender tomorrow when
it arrives, as it costs an arm and a leg to send things back and forth
to the US.

Kelvie Wong