In the press

John Reese jreese at leetcode.net
Tue Jul 15 22:14:31 CEST 2008

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:
>> Well thats definitely a very nice proposal, but I would like to hold
>> off a bit on recreating a whole new wiki .. what I had in mind was
>> more of a blog/feed style site, not necessarily another wiki setup ..
>
> As have been said before in this thread: what we (the Openmoko
> community) need is a wiki editors group.
> Any volunteers?
> The wiki editors group would help each other (and other contributors)
> to improve the wiki, by creating information management, writing and
> style guidelines, guiding and teaching wiki contributors, and editing
> the wiki itself.
>
> Initially, the group could consist of the people most active in
> editing the wiki already. Further recruitment could be based on
> quality and quantity of contributions to the wiki.
>
> Of course the Wiki editors would have a "hall of fame" page on the
> wiki that would describe the tasks that the group do, list the names
> of the editors (and perhaps what period they acted in that role?) and
> so on
>
> Any volunteers now?
>
> Anyway, just an idea.

This sounds like a good idea.  I'm certainly willing to put my time in
to clean things up.  I've been doing some of it already when I come
across things that either aren't clear or aren't linked well.

If we could gather a team of four, maybe five/six, community members,
and devise/discuss a plan to organize and clean up the wiki, and then
get everyone in the mailing lists, IRC, etc to promote and encourage use
and modifying the wiki, I think it would go a very long way.

--
John Reese
LeetCode.net