Reason for GPS problems found!

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Wed Jul 16 08:50:49 CEST 2008

>> Its really pretty important that the communication on this issue
>> *not*
>> diverge into hate and vitriol towards customers, because to those who
>> are observing the OpenMoko project - not participating - the SD+GPS
>> testing issue is a *huge* screw up.
> No, the SD+GPS issue is a bug.

Context:SD+Glamo == No go.
SD+GPS == No go.

How many GTA02's have been shipped before this problem was
discovered?  How much time wasted trying to get GPS functioning so
that development can continue?

> Admittedly a somewhat nasty bug, but
> nothing extraordinary.

If I can't use SD+GPS, its a no-brainer: Freerunner is no longer
qualified for my project.  Having spent a year on OpenMoko, thats
nasty.  I was willing to give the SD+Glamo issue a slide, but ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan