Operation without battery (GTA02)

Alexey Feldgendler alexey at feldgendler.ru
Wed Jul 16 10:41:19 CEST 2008

I have two 100% reproducible issues with my GTA02.

1. When running with the battery in (charged enough) and a USB cable
plugged into a computer, removing the battery makes the phone die. It
seems to turn off several seconds after the battery is removed. If the
battery is replaced quickly enough, the phone doesn't turn off. While the
battery is disconnected, some things still run and some seem to stop; e.g.
the GPS chip stops sending NMEA sentences but continues doing so when the
battery is put back.

2. When the phone is off with no battery in it, plugging the USB cable
connected to a computer makes the phone emit a buzzing noise. The noise
continues until the cable is disconnected. The phone won't start up in
this state, not even in the NOR menu. I remember a similar issue in GTA01,
but GTA02 was supposed to work without a battery.

Can anybody reproduce?