Flashing problems

julien cubizolles j.cubizolles at free.fr
Wed Jul 16 11:05:47 CEST 2008

I tried flashing my FreeRunner using the indications on
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner .
I tried scaredycat images and snapshots from OM2007.2.

The flashing itself seems to go fine but when I boot the new image, I
get many :

Empty flash at ********* ends at *********

messages. Some googling seem to indicate it's no big deal but I'd like
some confirmation on that.

Also, the Freerunner was much slower with any image I tried so far than
with the factory one, upgraded through opkg. By slower I mean that the
kinematic scrolling is unusable, flashing from position to another
instead of smoothly moving. Is it somehow related ?

Julien.