Reason for GPS problems found!

Alejandro Enrique alejandro.enrique at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:41:42 CEST 2008

2008/7/16 Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at openmoko.com>:
> Alejandro -
>
>> This issue does not look good. Is there someone in Openmoko or FIC
>> aware of it?
>
> Aware of it? You must be kidding.
> Pretty much everybody at Openmoko, including Sean our beloved leader,
> reads the mailing lists. All mailing lists.

I didn't mean people at Openmoko doesn't read the mailing lists, I
know you do. But I understand that with the traffic the mailing lists
are having lately and the current load of work that Openmoko may have
at the moment it can be quite difficult to follow everything that is
being discussed in the mailing lists, so when I wrote the mail I
thought it was possible that nobody at Openmoko had noticed this
thread yet (certainly I could have realized Openmoko was aware because
of Joerg mail, but I didn't. My bad).

I wish the best for the project and I just wanted to be sure that
Openmoko already knew this issue, since the later a problem is
discovered the more expensive and difficult it becomes to solve it.

> Then we have internal mailing lists, and if you could see what's going
> on there right now, rest assured there are 5-10 people working on
> tracking down the GPS bug, and other bugs, right now.
> Software fixes, hardware fixes. Shipped units, units currently in
> production, future production runs. All require different approaches
> and all of this is being addressed.

I imagine people at Openmoko are working hard at this stage of the
project, and looking at the results you are working "really" hard, as
there is a software fix for this issue already. This is a really fast
response and it is very appreciated. Thank you all!