wifi

julien cubizolles j.cubizolles at free.fr
Wed Jul 16 20:03:50 CEST 2008

Le mercredi 16 juillet 2008 à 11:56 -0500, Stephen Shelton a écrit :
> I've been beating my head against the wall trying to get my FR to connect to any
> secured wireless AP. It has no trouble connecting if there is no encryption, but
> I've had no luck otherwise.
>
> If anyone has had a better experience than me, perhaps you could take a look at
> the "GTA02 WLAN" page on the wiki (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02_WLAN) and
> contribute or clean up.

> Most specifically, I keep getting messages such as "ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]"
> which would lead me to believe the kernel is unhappy...

I could connect to my WPA2 protected wlan following the indications on
the above page even though I was getting the same message.

But it was just once, when I got the Freerunner. Now, after several opkg
upgrades (don't know if it's related thoug), I can't get it to get a
lease anymore.

I tried running wpa_supplicant in foreground (ie without the -B swith)
to catch additionnal error messages. I get :

ioctl[SIOCGIWSCAN]: Resource temporarily unavailable

After that, udhcpc0 can't get a lease and goes

Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
run-parts: /etc/udhcpc.d/99avahi-autoipd exited with code 1

forever...

Julien.