Which Distro?

Vijay Vaidyanathan vvaidy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 22:09:12 CEST 2008

On Jul 16, 2008, at 12:29 PM, Al Johnson wrote:
>> I'd appreciate your helping us out here since I'm probably not the
>> only one confused ... what am I missing?
>
> That ASU, FSO and 2007.2 aren't all that different, essentially
> having a
> different set of packages preloaded? That GTK apps continue to work
> just fine
> on FSO and ASU? There _is_ continuity, and the apps _do_ continue
> to work.

okay, I didnt realize that, thanks.

> The GUI side is there to develop with now. The bit that isn't there
> yet is the
> set of common dbus interfaces that freesmartphone.org are defining.
> That's
> where things are moving but it's a work in progress.

makes sense as well, thank you.

I still think it would be helpful if we had definitive word on which
of ASU, FSO will be the eventual "factory-shipping" version (since it
looks like 2007.2 is no longer a long term contender), but if it
doesnt bother anyone else, I wont lose sleep over it either :-)

Thanks for the clarifications.

- VV
====