New Freerunner, factory image - "Registering..."

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 23:12:27 CEST 2008

On 16 Jul 2008, at 18:01, Greg Bonett wrote:
>> Anyway, once booted to the factory image I get continuously a
>> "Registering..." message in the top-left corner of the Home screen.
>> After 30 minutes or so this message persists.
>
> Did you get this resolved?  I'm having the same experience right now.
> Still doing some testing though...

Hi there,

Yes, I certainly did. The SIM card was not seated properly.

In fact, I had it in the wrong way around!! This is quite easy to do
- the cut-out corner of the SIM should face the TOP of the phone;
once the holder is fully down you slide sideways to lock it - note
the word "LOCK ->" stamped into the plastic.

I think I read on IRC that a number of other people have had the same
problem.

Stroller.