GPS problems, summary

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Wed Jul 16 23:25:03 CEST 2008

Am Mi  16. Juli 2008 schrieb Yorick Moko:
> no fault or wrong conclusion but I just want to add that Andy also
> made a patch to crank up the voltage a bit for the GPS unit

Yep, but this one didn't help at all it seems.

One flaw in OP's summary: the recent andy-sd_clock-patch doesn't block sd-card
for benefit of GPS FF. It simply switches off clock of sdcard as long as we
don't read from it (or write). So you still can spoil TTFF by *constantly*
reading from SDcard, but GPS seems to be fine as long as you don't do this.
Stopping sd-access during TTFF is a userland issue. Kernel mustn't block
sd-reads for extended periods, we might see all kinds of deadlocks if we did
it this way. For sure answering an inbound call is higher priority than
shortest possible time for this particular FF, no? So maybe you have your
ringtones on sd. U see?

rootfs on sdcard might be an issue, we (community?) should give this one a
test

cheers
jOERG