Freerunner CAD Files - IGES ans STEP formats availalbe - Who wants to test them?

Claus Christmann hcc at gatech.edu
Thu Jul 17 00:33:53 CEST 2008

Michael Shiloh wrote:

> Claus Christmann wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I finally got around and converted the available Pro/E Wildfire 3 files
>> into more generic IGES and STEP formats.
>>
>> You can find the links to the files on my (quickly drafted) website at
>>
>> http://controls.ae.gatech.edu/claus/web/openmoko.html
>>
>> This said, I am not sure how the individual assemblies will work, but at
>> least now all the singe pieces are there...
>>
>> Happy CADing....
>>
>> Claus
>>
>> P.S.: it is also much easier to mess around with possible private DIY
>> shielding add-ons in CAD... in real life there is no "revert"... ;)
>>
>> P.P.S.: Once the files are confirmed to be working, my understanding is
>> that they could go to http://downloads.openmoko.org/CAD/, so please let
>> me know if the files work...
>
> Claus,
>
> The files are now copied to http://downloads.openmoko.org/CAD/, so you
> can free up your space if you wish.
>
> I do not have the tools to verify them, but I did check the md5sum, and
> they agreed with those on your website.
>
> Thanks very much for your hard work, and I look forward to seeing what
> you do with the CAD files. I assume you are a CAD person by trade?
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

actually I am an aerospace engineer by trade... But close.
I am interested in the CAD stuff since I need all that in order to
engage in a private project (though related to my work): robotics.

With an decent CPU, 2 Accelerometers, GPS, WiFi, GPRS, and high power
Bluetooth, I think of the OpenMoKo as an onboard computer that ALSO
could make calls...

OT: By profession I am engaged in developing airborne avionics and the
related software for unmanned aerial vehicles... So lets see... Maybe we
*really* can make the OpenMoKo take off ;)

Regards,

Claus

--
Claus Christmann