GPS problems, summary

Konstantin Chaosspawn23 at gmx.net
Thu Jul 17 09:16:59 CEST 2008

Marek Lindner schrieb:
> On Thursday, 17. July 2008 03:38:11 Alasal wrote:
>> Does they have a solution?
>>  - yes. Their is already a highly alpha software workaround. The software
>> just disables the SD card when the GPS tries to get it's first fix They are
>> also examine a hardware solution.
>
> The software fix is still in testing. Expect first results this noon (Taipeh
> time).
>
> Also, the hardware fix needed is rather easy. No need to open the shielding or
> housing. We are working on a document which gives you detailed instructions.
>
> Stay tuned,
> Marek

Thats very good news! I hope this will finally stop some of the flames against
the openmoko team and make people happy again =)
FWIW: I think you guys are doing a wonderful job, and as some said before - no
one in the "closed" world would deliver a fix that quickly, let alone provide
instructions on how to do a hardware fix yourself. Keep it up! :)

Regards,
Konstantin