Wiki editors

BrendaWang brenda_wang at openmoko.com
Thu Jul 17 09:24:09 CEST 2008

I am wiki full time editor now.
Here is the what I done these month.

1. Openmoko wiki system is Media wiki 1.2, since we upgrade our wiki
system, month ago , I start to ask our IT put the extension on wiki.
For example, category tree extension.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CategoryTree
Now , everyone can use the tag, like this
<categorytree mode=pages>Category name</categorytree>
2.About read wiki offline (dump), actually , I already ask our IT do
this since 4, July. I will push them. This function is very useful .
3. I would like to put the Youtube extension , then we can see the video
on wiki. I would like to know if this useful ? Personal opinion , I like
to have this.
4. I admit that , to the beginner , it is not easy to know how much
useful page , they can find on wiki . So, I make a page name Openmoko
official Index page.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Openmoko_Wiki_Official_Index_Page
5. Then , I classify every pages of wiki , put the category on them,
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Openmoko_Wiki_Categories_Index_Page

6.It's great that have many people help me to maintain wiki page. In
fact , Too many page, hard to verify if this page is out of date? Even ,
I use google analytic , it just can tell which page is popular , but
can't tell if the content is correct or not.
I plan to put the rating function on wiki. Perhape it can help many
people who visit wiki , know how other people think this page is useful
or not.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:JSKitRating

7.I would like to have a page like for developer, everyone who is the
beginner , want to join and develop software, and use this page to get
every material they want .
It just like a book , and has catalog like this:

Part I Choose your software develop tool
Part III Running your program
Part IV Program sharing
Part V Install
Part VI Tools used on Openmoko

Here is the page
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Openmoko_developer_guide

Actually , 6,7 is my plan now, have more people edit the wiki page, make
content become more correct and useful , will be great help .

Brenda.

ian douglas ??: