wifi

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Thu Jul 17 09:42:07 CEST 2008

> I've spent a great deal of time messing with WIFI also.  Once I get
> some
> more experience with the OM platform, I might contribute to
> building a gui network manager.

One thing that really needs to be clear among us all right now is that
there are those who have hacked things together to make the OM work
for their situation, and left it at that, and then there are those who
are yet to do so.

Those of us who have worked out how to bend the phone to our will need
to write up our procedures and make them more widely known - through
the wiki and these lists - so that we can have a sort of working
framework for further apps development.

I really believe that a lot of the common system administration-type
tasks - such as setting up WLAN, setting up GPRS routing, etc. - can
and should be wrapped up in very easy-to-write tools with a GUI.  For
example, the SettingsGUI progress was awesome, maybe because its
python-based, and perhaps we all should be looking to extend this app
to include the more detailed admin procedures?

;
--
Jay Vaughan