GSM AT command to disable/change caller ID?

Alexey Feldgendler alexey at
Thu Jul 17 10:12:51 CEST 2008

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:50:48 +0200, Ken Restivo <ken at> wrote:

> My old, cheap 7-11 AT&T pay-as-you-go Nokia phone had a neat feature
> which would disable the Caller ID.
> Are there any AT commands I can issue on the FR to do the same feature?
> I'm guessing it was a feature of the GSM modem, or maybe it was an
> instruction to the carrier network, issued via the modem.

GSM features like this one are controlled by “dialling” certain special

Note that not every cell provider implements this, and some charge for it.

> It'd be REALLY GREAT if there was a way to change the caller ID number
> to be my actual main phone number, not the phone disposable number of my
> pay-as-you-go cellphone plan.

You are not allowed to change your caller ID number, for obvious reasons.

Alexey Feldgendler <alexey at>
[ICQ: 115226275]