GSM AT command to disable/change caller ID?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Thu Jul 17 10:33:46 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 10:12:51AM +0200, Alexey Feldgendler wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:50:48 +0200, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
>
> > My old, cheap 7-11 AT&T pay-as-you-go Nokia phone had a neat feature
> > which would disable the Caller ID.
> >
> > Are there any AT commands I can issue on the FR to do the same feature?
> > I'm guessing it was a feature of the GSM modem, or maybe it was an
> > instruction to the carrier network, issued via the modem.
>
> GSM features like this one are controlled by “dialling” certain special
> numbers:
> http://web.telia.com/~u47904776/gsmkode.htm#nummerpres
>
> Note that not every cell provider implements this, and some charge for it.

Thanks!

The command appears to be "CLIR", and, unfortunately, there's no global setting for it. #31#PhoneNumber, means I have to type it before each call. On land phones, there's a *70 (or is it *71), to disable caller ID globally.

So it appears that the Nokia is prepending #31# before each phone number it dials.

Is there some way to get the Qtopia dialer (ASU software) to prepend this dialing string?

-ken