Replacing ASU/Qtopia keyboard with matchbox keyboard?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Thu Jul 17 10:43:09 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 09:05:06PM +0200, nick loeve wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 04:04:11PM +0200, nick loeve wrote:
> >> Hi

> >> You might wanna checkout the work the guys at INdT are doing for the
> >> mamona distro in regards to input methods and matchbox-keyboard
> >>
> >> http://dev.openbossa.org/mamona/gitweb
> >> http://dev.openbossa.org/mamona/gitweb?p=mamona.git;a=commit;h=78e9f72d21842297e29c2b627fed9e1f3e495a0d
> >>

> > Another distro?! *sigh* The bane of Open Source-- everyone working on his or her own sandbox instead of together on getting one distro solid and complete.
> >
> > Thanks. I didn't see this one listed in the distros Wiki page. Should I add it?
>
> Well it is not targeted at the OM devices, at least at the moment it
> is primarily for nokia internet tablets.
>
> But they have been working on some similar issues with
> matchbox-keyboard and different UI toolkits and window managers

Thanks.

I didn't see anything there that jumped out as solving this problem

I guess my question should be more specific:

1) How do ASU apps "decide" that they need a keyboard?
2) What process do they use to bring one up?
3) How could the Matchbox keyboard be called by that instead of the default Qtopia keybaord?

Thanks.

-ken