Operation without battery (GTA02)

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Thu Jul 17 22:07:51 CEST 2008

<joerg at openmoko.org>
| wrote:
|>> 1. When running with the battery in (charged enough) and a USB cable
|>> plugged into a computer, removing the battery makes the phone die. It
|>> seems to turn off several seconds after the battery is removed.
|> Probably GSM trying to pull ~2A for transmitting.
|> This will make the device shut down instantly.
|> Try disabling GSM!
| Turning GSM off from the power menu didn't help.
| Besides, I don't even have a SIM card inserted.

This seems to be to do with the PMU charger deciding to start charging
empty air making trouble.  The charger is autonomous and runs by itself
on its own schedule.  Maybe we can find a way to defeat this behaviour,
but for now you need a battery in to boot and to stay running.

- -Andy

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)