Ears and FR

AVee openmoko-comunity at avee.org
Thu Jul 17 23:31:35 CEST 2008

On Thursday 17 July 2008 02:26, Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
> Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> > Am Mi  16. Juli 2008 schrieb Joseph Reeves:
> >> I do it all the time ;-)
> >>
> >> I'd like a keypad lock during calls. I know that there's some options
> >> available during a call, but I'd much rather have to unlock them
> >> first. Of course, it doesn't have to be a lock that's particularly
> >> difficult to un-lock - pressing the aux button before the screen does
> >> anything would  be great.
> >
> > Use the g-meters / gestures!
> > FR on ear -> locked.
> > FR in front of face -> unlocked.
>
> I'd say not only locked/unlocked but also with bright/dimmed screen; so
> it could be like having a proximity sensor :P

That should be fairly doable if I understand the accelerometer stuff
correctly. During a call the phone should be unlocked when its horizontal or
vertical. Any other angle probably means your holding it against your ear...
The dimming bit is very nice as well because it might help to save quite a bit
of batterylife.

AVee

--
Love, love is a verb,