In the press. "The OpenMoko wiki - a tangled pile of mostly outdated and incomplete documentation."

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at
Thu Jul 17 23:35:10 CEST 2008

2008/7/17 Brenda Wang <brenda_wang at>:
> Hi, I am wiki full time editor of Openmoko.
> Thank you for your opinion . I will put more effort , to make wiki more
> easy to use.
> And now , If you want to know what we have on wiki , Please use this
> Index page.
> Brenda

I'm going to upset some people with this post, but I think it's
necessary. When I speak English, I make a conscious effort to be clear
and to use correct grammar. That is because when non-native English
speakers must communicate in English we often have trouble with the
sentence structure and lack of gender to identify subjects.

I think that whoever maintains the wiki should have a very firm grasp
of English grammar. Not necessarily a native speaker (as they often
have bad grammar in my opinion, probably because they have no trouble
deciphering the meaning of the sentence anyway). I mean no offense,
Brenda, but English with Asian  grammar (I'm assuming Asian based on
the grammar style and your last name) is very difficult to read and
understand. I hope that my criticism is seen as constructive and not
personal, because I mean no offense yet I'd like to see the wiki
maintained by someone more qualified.

Dotan Cohen

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?