Ears and FR

Hans L thehans at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 00:05:42 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 4:31 PM, AVee <openmoko-comunity at avee.org> wrote:
> That should be fairly doable if I understand the accelerometer stuff
> correctly. During a call the phone should be unlocked when its horizontal or
> vertical. Any other angle probably means your holding it against your ear...

I don't think it will be that simple.  If I pick up my cellphone and
hold it in a natural position in front of me(as if i were about to
press a button to hang up), it is neither completely vertical nor
horizontal.  Making assumptions about orientation of a phone when held
against someone's ear, versus how they hold it in their hands might
not work well in all cases.

Hans