In the press. "The OpenMoko wiki - a tangled pile of mostly outdated and incomplete documentation."

Hugo Mills hugo-om at carfax.org.uk
Fri Jul 18 09:56:35 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 03:29:11PM -0500, Steven ** wrote:
> I'll tell you explicitly.  Go ahead.  It's a wiki!  If anyone doesn't
> like your change, they can easily see the history and revert it.  Or
> just clean up your change however they like.  That's what makes the
> wiki so powerful.
>
> If they didn't want you to edit it, I'm pretty sure they could lock it
> down so that you can't.  The fact that they haven't seems to mean they
> aren't worried "regular" users might edit it.

   My local LUG set up a wiki several years ago. So many people were
afraid of editing the wiki, eliciting the response, "Well, it *is* a
wiki...", that we eventually had people turning up to meetings with
the phrase printed on their t-shirts.

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
           --- I must be musical:  I've got *loads* of CDs ---