Reason for GPS problems found!

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 12:42:02 CEST 2008

2008/7/18 Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at gmail.com>:
> It seems it's not as good as without SD card, but definitely a visible
> improvement.

Sorry for spamming, I just try to describe what I'm experiencing :)

Does anyone else have a reliability problem now with the new kernel
and GPS when SD card is used? I went properly outside but didn't seem
to get a fix, maybe 1-2 satellites max and no fixes. I drove around a
bit and nothing. I came back, then rebooted Neo and tried again -
almost instant fix in ca. 30-45 seconds with 6-8 satellites in the
same spot I got nothing just before reboot.

So it might be worth checking if the SD card clock is properly
adjusted in all needed cases, or it if might be left unchanged in some
situations. When I didn't have fixes, it behaved basically as bad as
before the new kernel. But when the new kernel worked as it should, it
was great.

-Timo