Proper mixer settings for music playback, or hardware fixes?

Ole Kliemann ole-om-community-2008 at
Sat Jul 19 15:31:37 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 02:50:18PM +0100, Al Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 18 July 2008, Ole Kliemann wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 02:17:05PM +0300, Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> > > I had heard
> > > about some resistor in wrong place resulting in high-pass filter and
> > > basically making music listening unbearable.
> >
> > Do you still remember where you read it?
> >
> > I have some problems with the output of the headphone jack too. But to
> > me it sounds mostly distorted.

I noticed the high-pass, but came to acceptable results using
alsamixer's bass-boost options. My main concern is with the distortion
in the mids to highs. As far as I understand, the above mentioned
postings only cover the high-pass problem. But I certainly don't
understand all the technical stuff.

Does anyone else experience distortion?