suspend and immediate wake-up

Scott Petersen scott at slal.net
Sat Jul 19 18:10:43 CEST 2008

Ole Kliemann wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 11:35:23AM +0200, julien cubizolles wrote:
> > Le vendredi 18 juillet 2008 à 13:39 +0100, Al Johnson a écrit :
> >
> > > It's getting woken by a message from the GSM. Mine does it on reregistration
> > > at variable intervals, maybe 3 times an hour. If it happens much more often
> > > it's worth reporting.
> >
> > I've not properly measured how frequently it does it but for me it's
> > very often less than 5 seconds after it goes to suspend mode... Is there
> > a message in dmesg that indicates the waking is indeed due to
> > reregistration ? I have a log saved I could check.
>
> I can confirm this. I haven't run exhaustive tests, but almost whenever
> I tried the FR woke up just seconds later.
>
> That was using GTK branch. I can't test this further right now as I
> moved to ASU.

I can also confirm a very quick return from suspend.  It usually wakes
up within 10 to 40 seconds with only 2 attempts (out of several hundred
over the course of 2 days) that stayed in sleep longer. These two
attempts stayed in sleep for at least 1 hour after which I woke it up.
If it means anything I am using the July 18th build of the kernel and
2007.2.

Cheers
Scott Petersen