Reply above Quotation

Mike fromlists at talkingspider.com
Sat Jul 19 22:58:51 CEST 2008

arne anka wrote:

>>> how does it matter?
>>>
>> Are you seriously asking that question???  If he has authority then he's
>> laying down the new rule for the list. If not, he's not.  Did I actually
>> have to type this?
>
> yes, you have. this is not your little communist country -- it's an free
> for all list and rules are to be made by consent after discussion.
> he made his point and you are free to do so, too. but you are cretainly
> not free to say who's allowed to say what!
>
> btw: your request for showing his authority and stating he has no right
> othwerwise was laying down a new rule as well -- by which authority, may i
> ask?

OK so let's take this to the extreme- if I were to post something like
"From now on, the official rule is, no one can use the word 'code' on
this mailing list."  You would be wrong to ask me if I had any
authority, right?  And I would be correct to respond with "no one does,
therefore we all do, therefore I do," right?  That's the argument you
just put forward.

Also, learn what communism is.  You're totally misplacing the term,
confusing it with authoritarianism. For your convenience:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarianism