Rules based policy engine

David Pottage david at electric-spoon.com
Sun Jul 20 18:28:02 CEST 2008

On Sun, July 20, 2008 3:28 pm, arne anka wrote:
> a gsm cell is usually much bigger than most restaurants -- and gps might
> not be available inhouse.

True, but you can still use the GSM cell to determine that you are not in
the restaurants, because you are in a different cell on the other side of
town. The rule interpreter could check he GSM cell ID to determine if you
might be near enough to a significant point before starting the GPS to
determine your exact location.

Alternatively, the user might decide that for most rules, the approximate
location from the GSM cell is good enough. For example, my local cinema is
in a fairly isolated spot out of town. If I am within a couple of miles of
it, the chances are I will be going to the cinema shortly, or I have just
left, so a rule switching the phone to silent mode if I am in the same GSM
cell as the cinema would be good enough.

--
David Pottage

Error compiling committee.c To many arguments to function.