Bug #1277 revisited

Matthias Schulze matthias_schulze at imail.de
Sun Jul 20 20:15:33 CEST 2008

Hi all,

from this report

http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1277

I conclude accellerometer readings from from /dev/input/event2
and /dev/input/event3 should now work just fine.

However, even after flashing the latest kernel
(uImage-2.6.24+git21
+642cbda5f3b7e7a61512426e1d30a41ab4691123-r0-om-gta02.bin)

I only got a readout with hexdump /dev/input/event3, no readout with
hexdump /dev/input/event2. I stopped the xserver and got a readout with
on both events (2,3). After restarting the xserver I got a readout at
event2 none at event3, so it was the opposite way around.

Well, I stopped the xserver again, and both events (2,3) gave a readout.
I started the xserver again and I got a readout at event3, none at
event2. So the behaviour switched again.

Well, what does it mean?