Import Contacts

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Sun Jul 20 20:53:35 CEST 2008

C R McClenaghan, 2008-07-16 10:35:13 -0700 :

> All,
>
> I get the following error using manage-contacts.py in the following
> way from SSH:
>
>   python manage-contacts.py load <vCards.vcf

[...]

> dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "addContact" with
> signature "s" on interface
> "org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.addressbook.Book" doesn't exist
>
> I have installed via opkg python-dbus per wiki instructions.

Strange.  It still works here.  You do have openmoko-contacts2
installed, right?  You're not using ASU or Qtopia or something?

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Despite rumour, Death isn't cruel - merely terribly, terribly good at his job.
  -- in Sourcery (Terry Pratchett)