USB connector not Mini-AB?

Tobias Diedrich ranma+openmoko at tdiedrich.de
Sun Jul 20 21:23:51 CEST 2008

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 2008/7/19 Tobias Diedrich <ranma+openmoko at tdiedrich.de>:
> > Looking at the Freerunner connector, it looks like it's really a
> > Mini-B Female connector instead of the Mini-AB Female connector as
> > stated on
> > http://www.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_GTA02_Hardware
> >
> > Can someone else confirm this?
>
> Yes. See
> http://www.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner#Package_Contents

Well, that doesn't contradict with a Mini-AB female connector though.
As it's name says a Mini-AB femal connector should accept both
Mini-A and Mini-B cables, which makes sense because Mini-B is used
for client mode and Mini-A for host mode and the Freerunner supports
both.

The wrong connector means that an 'offical' USB-OTG cable like
http://www.amazon.de/Hama-00074214-OTG-Kabeladapter-Mini-USB-A-Stecker-USB-A-Kupplung/dp/B000EORX7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=ce-de&qid=1216581564&sr=8-1
can't be used unfortunately...

And I can't find a USB-A receptacle to Mini-USB-A plug cable on amazon. :/
Only this plug-adapter (maybe, it does not explicitly state A or B
AFAICS), which will work I guess, but I'd rather like a cable.
http://www.amazon.de/Adapter-BUCHSE-Stecker-Verl%C3%A4ngerung-Anschluss/dp/B001372BVA/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&s=ce-de&qid=1216581654&sr=8-44
Seems like I'll have to cannibalize the Hama cable. ^_^;

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de
このメールは十割再利用されたビットで作られています。