USB connector not Mini-AB?

Tobias Diedrich ranma+openmoko at
Sun Jul 20 21:23:51 CEST 2008

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> Hello,
> 2008/7/19 Tobias Diedrich <ranma+openmoko at>:
> > Looking at the Freerunner connector, it looks like it's really a
> > Mini-B Female connector instead of the Mini-AB Female connector as
> > stated on
> >

> > Can someone else confirm this?
> Yes. See

Well, that doesn't contradict with a Mini-AB female connector though.
As it's name says a Mini-AB femal connector should accept both
Mini-A and Mini-B cables, which makes sense because Mini-B is used
for client mode and Mini-A for host mode and the Freerunner supports

The wrong connector means that an 'offical' USB-OTG cable like
can't be used unfortunately...

And I can't find a USB-A receptacle to Mini-USB-A plug cable on amazon. :/
Only this plug-adapter (maybe, it does not explicitly state A or B
AFAICS), which will work I guess, but I'd rather like a cable.
Seems like I'll have to cannibalize the Hama cable. ^_^;

Tobias						PGP: