Freerunner CAD Files - IGES ans STEP formats availalbe - Whowants to test them?

steve steve at
Mon Jul 21 02:00:55 CEST 2008

 I worked on the YF23

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Michael Shiloh
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:11 PM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: Freerunner CAD Files - IGES ans STEP formats availalbe -
Whowants to test them?

Claus Christmann wrote:
> Michael Shiloh wrote:
>> Claus Christmann wrote:
>>> Hi list,
>>> I finally got around and converted the available Pro/E Wildfire 3
>>> files into more generic IGES and STEP formats.
>>> You can find the links to the files on my (quickly drafted) website
>>> at
>>> This said, I am not sure how the individual assemblies will work,
>>> but at least now all the singe pieces are there...
>>> Happy CADing....
>>> Claus
>>> P.S.: it is also much easier to mess around with possible private
>>> DIY shielding add-ons in CAD... in real life there is no "revert"...
>>> ;)
>>> P.P.S.: Once the files are confirmed to be working, my understanding
>>> is that they could go to, so
>>> please let me know if the files work...
>> Claus,
>> The files are now copied to, so
>> you can free up your space if you wish.
>> I do not have the tools to verify them, but I did check the md5sum,
>> and they agreed with those on your website.
>> Thanks very much for your hard work, and I look forward to seeing
>> what you do with the CAD files. I assume you are a CAD person by trade?
>> Michael
> Hi Michael,
> actually I am an aerospace engineer by trade... But close.
> I am interested in the CAD stuff since I need all that in order to
> engage in a private project (though related to my work): robotics.
> With an decent CPU, 2 Accelerometers, GPS, WiFi, GPRS, and high power
> Bluetooth, I think of the OpenMoKo as an onboard computer that ALSO
> could make calls...
> OT: By profession I am engaged in developing airborne avionics and the
> related software for unmanned aerial vehicles... So lets see... Maybe
> we
> *really* can make the OpenMoKo take off ;)
> Regards,
> Claus

Would be interesting to see what backgrounds our community comes from.
My contention is that a wide range will feed innovation, more so than if we
were all in the cellphone business.

Openmoko community mailing list
community at