pre-flash backup fails

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Mon Jul 21 02:32:01 CEST 2008

I followed the directions here http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Pre-Flash_Backup

I could backup the kernel of my GTA02 but trying to use that method to backup the rootfs failed
several times....

  dfu-util - (C) 2007 by OpenMoko Inc.
  This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

  Opening USB Device 0x0000:0x0000...
  Claiming USB DFU Runtime Interface...
  Determining device status: state = appIDLE, status = 0
  Device really in Runtime Mode, send DFU detach request...
  Resetting USB...
  Opening USB Device...
  Found Runtime: [0x1d50:0x5119] devnum=20, cfg=0, intf=0, alt=6, name="rootfs"
  Claiming USB DFU Interface...
  Setting Alternate Setting ...
  Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
  dfuIDLE, continuing
  Transfer Size = 0x1000
  dfu_upload error -110

In demsg I get this error
  usb 5-2: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd dfu-util rqt 161 rq 2 len 4096 ret -110

I have not been able to backup rootfs using this method.

I can flash OK though.

Any ideas?

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com