Rules based policy engine

Chris Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 04:38:53 CEST 2008

2008/7/20 Ryan Meador <ryan.d.meador at gmail.com>:
> I think it's important that we use an existing general-purpose platform such as
> Prolog (at least, it's about as general purpose as logic programming gets...).

I would favor Rhino.DSL, simply because I know it integrates well with
a language with dbus bindings. And because it can probably result in
very readable syntax. And it's based on Boo, which is very nearly
Python, and thus more accessible to most programmers than Prolog.

Does dbus allow you to specify your priority when listening to an
event, and to prevent it from being published to other listeners? If
not, then the first step is to separate the relevant dbus events and
come up with an application that merely translates unconditionally
between the two. And that allows you to insert any rules engine you
want.