GTA02 GPS rework for SD card interference issue

Stefan Fröbe frobiac at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 08:43:12 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

as I wrote before ( but the message did apparently not hit the list since I
used a different email address ) I had the hardware fix applied on friday
but used a 0603 cap instead, which fit quite nicely.

After further testing I can only congratulate the OM-team for their quick
and easy fix: whether inside at the window, in a moving train or in narrow
streets, the FR is aquiring a Fix consistenly within about 120s from cold
start under the most difficult conditions, and of course even faster at
consecutive tries ( warm start ).  Under normal conditions, a TTFF of 40s
seems to be the maximum needed even for a cold start, which in my opinion is
exceptionally good!

The SD-Card (4GB) still works as expected by this RF only fix, and there is
no need to unmount it ...

Btw, this was all done with the mwester-andy kernel from 080716...

Big thumbs up to everyone at OM, now let the mapping begin ;-)

Stefan

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Stefan Fröbe <frobiac at googlemail.com>