Anyone using FR as a phone?

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 09:16:00 CEST 2008

Sound quality during calls is indeed not that good.

1. Volume is usually too low, but I think it can be modified via
correct settings.
Seems like people not always hear me at the same level : sometimes
quite ok, often really too low.  I have yet to try more...

2. There also is this annoying noise (sounds like interferences), that
both caller and callee can here.
But what I found very interesting is that sometimes, for a few
seconds, it suddenly totally went away !!
I could talk and hear without this noise, but not for long.

It happened more than once, at different locations. I was not moving,
not near identified sources of perturbation, not running special
background applications, not connected via wifi nor bluetooth (it was
disabled via gui didn't check if it was really off). The person I
called, as far as I can tell didn't do anything special either (was
also not moving).

This was tested with Qtopia (not ASU). (booted from SD)