pre-flash backup fails

Andy Green andy at
Mon Jul 21 09:29:49 CEST 2008

| On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 05:32:01PM -0700, Jim Morris wrote:
|> I followed the directions here
|> I could backup the kernel of my GTA02 but trying to use that method
to backup the rootfs failed
|> several times....
| I had similar problems (see [1]), although I got error "-84" most of the
| time instead of "-110". Unfortunately, I never solved this problem.
| After several unsuccessful tries and no feedback from the list I gave up
| on this backup method.
| Does anyone else have ideas?

Yes dfu-util can be a bit promiscuous about which USB device it will try
to work with, I recall it trying to flash my device when I first met it
by talking to USB bluetooth device on that laptop.

I changed it to add

- -d 0x1d50:0x5119

to the dfu-util commandline and it was able to discriminate the
Freerunner USB device properly.

If that's the problem it should help.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)