Terminal for ASU

Sven Klomp sven at klomp.de
Mon Jul 21 11:18:50 CEST 2008

On Monday 21 July 2008 05:30:09 Ken Restivo wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 08:20:46PM -0700, Brian C wrote:
> > Ken Restivo wrote:
> > 1. It's an open platform, so it's inevitable that it will have a
> > terminal.
> >
> > 2. If it were not possible to have a terminal on ASU, then OpenMoko
> > should just abandon ASU immediately.
> >
> > Therefore, you should feel free to open the bug.
>
> I'll wait to see if anyone responds with "Sure, it has one, or you can use
> any terminal with it, here's how you get it to work, get it into the
> menu/icon/illume thing, make it use the keyboard, blah blah blah".

Hm, I'm using the openmoko-terminal2 without problems on ASU. The tricky part
was to use the Illume keyboard with GTK applications. At freeyourphone.de was
a hint that you have to install ONLY  matchbox-keyboard-im (see
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Complete_QWERTY_Keyboard_On_The_Freerunner) and
GTK applications will start Illume keyboard. I know, it is strange. However
it worked :-)

Sven