Why is Qtopia much faster?

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Mon Jul 21 13:58:36 CEST 2008

Yorick Moko wrote:
> This might be a stupid question, but it isn't the first and will not
> be the last stupid one I ask :).
> I have glimpsed at the 2007.2, ASU and qtopia image (the latest
> builds) and a very noticable difference is the speed.
> Will this improve in the ASU and the 2007.2 or should I not get my
> hopes on? Qtopia just responds and seems to load everything faster.

Qtopia has a more integrated aproach. They load plugins for different
features. (AFAIK)
And the other systems launch new programs for each task. Sometimes even
based on different frameworks. (e,gtk,qt)
There are ideas how to speed them up. Like pre-loading or integrating
the basic phone apps into one binary.

If you want speed now, take qtopia. What you get is a phone.
The other systems go a few steps further...