headset with qtopia

Ole Kliemann ole-om-community-2008 at mail.plastictree.net
Mon Jul 21 16:02:16 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 05:34:47AM +0000, thewtex wrote:
> Has anyone got the headset that comes with the Freerunner group purchase working
> with the qtopia.net images?  There seems to be a small amount of sound coming
> out somewhere.  And speakerphone goes wacky.  Maybe alsamixer settings?

I am using this version:

	qtopia-4.3.2-gta02-flash-07172049.tgz

When I plug in the headset while playing something with mediaplayer, I
only get sound on one channel on the headset, speaker still sounds
normal.

There is a alsamixer control `Amp Spk'; if you turn it off, speaker goes
off and headset has both channels.

Now question would be, how to make qtopia to recognize the headset has
been plugged in and change mixer settings accordingly. The .state files
in /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios are in place but don't seem to be used.

Ole