Matchbox Keyboard Layout Change

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Mon Jul 21 17:23:50 CEST 2008

Roland Mas wrote:
> shawn sullivan, 2008-07-21 09:01:26 -0600 :
>
>> Dvorak, here I come!
>
> Er, Dvorak on a touchscreen might be exactly the wrong thing to
> do... you don't really want to alternate taps on both sides of the
> screen, do you?
>
>   Unless you meant "some layout optimised especially for the FR
> touchscreen according to the same methods that gave us the Dvorak-ish
> keyboard layouts", in which case I'm all in favour :-)
Probably depends on what you are used to.
I go nuts when i have to type anything in a ABC layout on touch screens
as they are often used in public service points.

I'm not using 10 fingers there, but i have to search every key. Frustrating!

Same goes for me with mobile phone text entry. It's not too unergonomic
(if you are used to), but i go nuts over searching every key.