Anyone using FR as a phone?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 17:58:24 CEST 2008

2008/7/21 Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk>:
> Assuming there is sufficient difference in level between voice level and the
> level from the earpiece it should be possible to set the noise gate so that
> it only triggers when you are actually speaking, stopping the echo. The
> compressor should even out the variations in level.

So is basically everyone who is being called with a Neo Freerunner
having at least a little echo of her own voice? At some point I had
often the problem that the receiver heard everything she said very
aloud about 1s later, now in at least my own tests it's merely quite
quiet repetition that doesn't always even occur (gets cut off by
something, eg. a noise filter). I used gsmhandset.state from here:
http://freeyourphone.de/portal_v1/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=170&start=75#p3277
and also stored it at /etc/asound.state.

-Timo