Import contacts qtopia

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Mon Jul 21 19:46:42 CEST 2008

On Friday 18 July 2008 20:32:50 Ole Kliemann wrote:
> Not sure whether I missed something. I am looking for a way to import
> VCF into qtopia. I could only find the discussion on this list, which, as
> far as I understand, covers importing VCF to the GTK addressbook only.
>
> There is also a howto on importing Blackberry contacts to qtopia. It
> could be helpful if one were able to convert VCF to sqlite.
>
> Any hints appreciated.

Unofficial answer (as this is not tested by us... it is the code from
trolltech as is so is likely to have issues)

1.) copy the the file vcf to the device
2.) /opt/Qtopia/bin/addressbook /path/to/vcf-file (will get deleted)
3.) GUI makes some stuff... asks you to import..
4.) You might need to restart afterwards

maybe someone comes up with a FAQ...

z.