Import Contacts

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at
Mon Jul 21 22:25:58 CEST 2008

2008/7/20 Jeffrey Ratcliffe <jeffrey.ratcliffe at>:
> I started out by making the mistake of copying my Evolution db across...

I had my contacts in Outlook because I was using an HTC Kaiser...
Outlook->csv->Evolution->vcf->OM didn't work very well,

a. because the field mapping was dodgy in places
b. because the encoding got scrambled in places.

Therefore I tried to get Evolution out of the loop and wrote a little
Python script to do the csv->vcf and to teach me Python (Perl is
normally my bag)

Works for me - perhaps if somebody would host it, it could go on the wiki.