Project Proposal: Dead man's switch

Gilles Casse gcasse at oralux.net
Tue Jul 22 00:42:04 CEST 2008

Diego Fernández Durán wrote:

>  What do you think about a little app that works as dead man's switch[2]
> (DMS since now) in the FR? It can have the following features:
>
> 	- Trigger an alarm if you don't touch the screen before the countdown
> ends. Countdown can restart on touch.
> 	- Alarm can trigger different actions:
> 		* Call a number (112, 911, mum :) )
> 		* Ring/Vibrate
> 		* Execute a command
> 	- Use a voice synthesizer (festival) to talk and give GPS coordinates
> (or location associated with coords [note]).

Just a detail regarding your project, I am (re)checking text-to-speech
on the neo, and a working multi-language configuration today is
speech-dispatcher+espeak+alsa . I will upload the ipk packages if
necessary soon (the packages are available in OE but not in the OM
repository).

Anyway, your dead man's switch will probably be convulsively scrutinized
  by the Assassin/Morgue couple ;-)

Gilles