replaced ringtone but it plays it really funny way

Yaroslav Halchenko at
Tue Jul 22 05:03:33 CEST 2008

So I did a blind copy of my ringtone (you can sample it from by copying over
which is
RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 8 bit, mono 22050 Hz

whenever original was
RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, stereo 44100 Hz

after reboot it plays but incorrectly, it stutter, and even sounds like
multiple instances playing simultaneously.  So, I wonder what is the
reason -- is that a feature or a bug

I am running 2008.2 from yesteday
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark
Student  Ph.D. @ CS Dept. NJIT
Office: (973) 353-5440x263 | FWD: 82823 | Fax: (973) 353-1171
        101 Warren Str, Smith Hall, Rm 4-105, Newark NJ 07102