replaced ringtone but it plays it really funny way

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Tue Jul 22 08:16:23 CEST 2008

ah... probably now dialer is 'configured' to assume that ringtone is
just a second or so... thus every other second (if call is not dropped
yet) it sends a new notification to pulse to play the ring tone. ho ho

so there is no native way seems to me to

* provide natively long ringtone (at least 5 sec)

* interrupt 'active' ringtone if it is already playing, which limits us
  just to short ringtones, initiated every X seconds from the dialer.

I haven't tried ASU to that amount of detail but is it doing the same??

looking at openmoko-dialer2/./src/phone-kit/moko-notify.c all logic
seems to be there right actually (I am not sure if that is ASU's or
2008.2's dialer now... can't think straight now), so it might simply be
a bug? btw - music doesn't stop for me even if I interrupt the call,
thus I guess pulse doesn't get any 'interrupt' notifications

--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark