dfu-util: line 1: syntax error: "(" unexpected

Ben Cadieux ben.cadieux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 16:27:24 CEST 2008

Hi Everyone,

Got my FR yesterday.  Neat device so far :)

I followed the instructions for reflashing, dfu-util gives this when I
execute it:
dfu-util: line 1: syntax error: "(" unexpected

I'm having trouble updating it though.  I've wget'ted it more than
once and checked the md5;

root at om-gta02:~# md5sum /usr/bin/dfu-util
84f0bd60bef2450e57bda627254faf3a  /usr/bin/dfu-util

I'm not sure if that's right or not.  I searched the lists but I seem
to be the only one with this issue, if not I'm sorry for not being
able to locate other e-mails.

Best Regards,
Ben Cadieux